Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fostering Can Be The Perfect Fit


Fostering... I hadn't thought too much about it until my cat's vet started to foster for the Lexington Humane Society. 

It's a great fit for my vet - the Lexington Hospital For Cats!  They get a group of kittens to foster for 2 to 8 weeks, essentially until they are big enough to be spayed/neutered and adopted out.  They feed and keep the litter box for the kittens in a huge kitty crate with all sorts of hang outs for them.

For me it's the best stress reliever at a doctor's office!  I can't wait to see their cute kittens each time I have to pick up medications or bring my own cat for an appointment.  If I have to wait, I spend my time playing with them and the wait seems like no wait at all!  Just look at these cute faces!!





Some of the hospitals clients have fallen in love and have pre-adopted one of the cuties.  As soon as they are big/old enough and spayed/neutered they can leave their foster care and go home with you.  Simple as that!


The Lexington Hospital for Cats is into their 4th group of foster kittens.  Dr. Mills has even adopted one from their second foster group.

It's easy to fall in love with them and once they hang around you for awhile you get to know their personalities.  Just ask the staff at the Lexington Hospital for Cats about the kittens.  They can tell you all about each kitten in great detail and the kitten pranks they play on each other.  I'm sure the staff enjoys having them in their office as much as I enjoy visiting their office with the kittens. 


The Lexington Humane Society has an informative page on their website that explains everything about fostering their animals.  It's flexible, it can be fun and what a treat it would be to come home after work to cute babies!!  Here is the link to learn more about fostering for the Lexington Humane Society:  Foster Care


Think about fostering and help the animals at the Lexington Humane Society!  Thank you Lexington Hospital for Cats for all you do for the animals too!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing because despite NOT being a cat person, those are darling kittens and your photography is GORGEOUS. I think every vet should consider fostering kittens because what a great way to find them homes...

    ReplyDelete